STEP 1: INFORMATION
- Read the Cathedral Oak Information Packet
- Read “An Introduction to Classical Education” by Christopher Perrin (Follow link below)
- Read What is Classical Education? by Susan Wise Bauer (Follow link below)
STEP 2: APPLICATION
Complete one Student Application per student seeking enrollment.
*Application Fee: $125 first child; $25 each additional child.
*The grade level cutoff is August 1 of the fall semester.
IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS: All students entering, attending, and/or transferring to public, private, or parochial schools in North Carolina must provide current immunization records or submit the religious exemption form for the student’s school records.
STEP 3: FAMILY INTERVIEW
- Once your application is received and reviewed by the Admissions committee, you will be contacted to schedule a Family Interview if your application is approved. Both parents of the student are required to attend the interview. Younger siblings may attend if needed.
STEP 4: ACADEMIC SCREENING AND ASSESSMENT
- At Cathedral Oak Academy, we want to put students in a position to be successful. Academic screening and assessment will be scheduled for each student in order to ensure proper grade-level placement.
STEP 5: ENROLLMENT CONTRACT AND FEE
- Upon acceptance into Cathedral Oak Academy, parents will be invited to sign an Enrollment Contract. A non-refundable enrollment fee is due with each signed contract.
- Enrollment fee: $250 per enrolling student, $500 family max
STEP 6: REQUIRED PARENT TRAINING
- The parent designated as the co-teacher is required to attend a Parent Training that will be held prior to the first day of the school year.
It is the policy of Cathedral Oak Academy to practice equal opportunity without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, sex, or age in application of any policy, practice, rule, or regulation. Functioning as a nonprofit religious entity, we can and do discriminate on the basis of religion as permitted under Title VII of the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964. This school is committed to maintaining a work environment in which all individuals treat each other with dignity and respect, which is free from all forms of intimidation, exploitation, and harassment. This school is prepare to take action to prevent and correct any violations of this policy. Anyone who violates this policy will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination.